Open to everyone and specially adapted to meet the needs of people living with Dementia, or anyone who could benefit from a more informal theatre environment.
What changes are made to a Dementia Friendly Performance?
- We tailor the production to make the action onstage clear and engaging.
- Quiet areas are available outside the auditorium.
- The lights will always be on at a low level in the auditorium.
- The show will have a slightly extended interval (break in the middle of the show), to allow for toilet visits.
- Our team, who are Dementia Friends, will be on hand on the day to support you throughout your visit.
- For anyone who needs to leave the show, we have a small, quiet chill-out area just outside the auditorium. You can return to the show when you are ready and it is fine if you need to leave and return several times.
- Most importantly we ask everyone to be tolerant and accepting of the fact that some people may express enjoyment of the show in different ways; the attitude to noise, singing along to the show, and movement is relaxed, we ask anyone in our audience to be supportive of this.
The Dementia Friendly performance of Guys and Dolls on Wednesday 8 January 2020 is supported by The Moor Sheffield