Open to everyone and specially adapted to meet the needs of people living with Dementia, or anyone who could benefit from a more informal theatre environment.
What changes are made to a Dementia Friendly Performance?
- We tailor the production to make the action onstage clear and engaging.
- Quiet areas are available outside the auditorium.
- The lights will always be on at a low level in the auditorium.
- The show will have a slightly extended interval (break in the middle of the show), to allow for toilet visits.
- Our team, who are Dementia Friends, will be on hand on the day to support you throughout your visit.
- For anyone who needs to leave the show, we have a small, quiet chill-out area just outside the auditorium. You can return to the show when you are ready and it is fine if you need to leave and return several times.
- Most importantly we ask everyone to be tolerant and accepting of the fact that some people may express enjoyment of the show in different ways; the attitude to noise, singing along to the show, and movement is relaxed, we ask anyone in our audience to be supportive of this.