Open to everyone, but these are designed for people who will benefit from a more relaxed theatre environment, including people with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, sensory or communication disorders, a learning disability, those with age-related impairments and anyone who could benefit from a more informal theatre environment.
What changes are made to a Relaxed Performance?
- We make slight changes to the sound, lowering the volume and reducing any loud effects.
- We slow down any flashing/strobe lighting effects.
- The lights will always be on at a low level in the auditorium.
- The show will have a slightly extended interval (break in the middle of the show), to allow for toilet visits.
- For anyone who needs to leave the show, we have a small, quiet chill-out area just outside the auditorium. You can return to the show when you are ready. It is fine if you need to leave and return several times.
- We do not sell every seat so you can move around freely.
- Most importantly we ask everyone to be tolerant and accepting of the fact that some people may express enjoyment of the show in different ways; the attitude to noise, singing along to the show, and movement is relaxed, we ask anyone in our audience to be supportive of this.