Status:Full time (40 hours per week)
Closing Date:Monday 31 January 2022
Interview Dates:First interviews Wednesday 9 February, second interviews Thursday 17 February (at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield)
Salary:Upto £45,000 per annum
Sheffield Theatres is home to three theatres: the Lyceum, the Studio and the Crucible, the Sheffield landmark with a world-famous reputation.
Named ‘Regional Theatre of the Year’ on four separate occasions, the company creates bold new work and hosts the best of the UK’s touring shows. In November 2021 the Crucible and Studio theatres celebrated their 50th anniversary.
As part of a new structure, we are currently looking for a Finance and Commercial Director, a brand new role at Sheffield Theatres.
The role will be focused around creating and delivering a commercial strategy. This strategy will flow through the teams in Finance and Hospitality which the Director will be responsible for.
Working closely with the Executive team (CEO, Deputy CEO and Artistic Director) and joining the SMT, the role will maximise the profitability of Sheffield Theatres’ commercial business activity.
A summary of the main activities in the role:
• Managing the Finance team to deliver an innovative, proactive and efficient service ensuring robust internal financial controls and excellent internal customer processes and experiences.
• Providing strong financial stewardship, including budgets and controls, internal financial procedures and processes, management and statutory accounting and audits.
• Managing the Events and Hospitality team to enable brilliant guest experiences and maximising opportunities for new business and income generation.
• Developing and implementing an effective commercial strategy whilst being mindful of the operational needs of the charity and its artistic programmes.
• Continually identifying and developing new opportunities that will maximise the commercial potential of Sheffield Theatres delivering aspirational growth.
• To drive continuous improvement and innovation through leadership of all teams, including use of technology.
• To business partner Directors at Sheffield Theatres within the Senior Management team, creating, advising and delivering on the commercial strategy.
Perks of working with us include a 15% discount across the Sheffield Theatres estate, discounted parking, complimentary theatre tickets, corporate gym membership, discounted Westfield Health scheme and confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme.