Sheffield Theatres Launches Observer Director Scheme
As part of Making Room, Sheffield Theatres is launching a new scheme for upcoming directors.
Making Room for Directors offers Sheffield based directors the opportunity to act as an Observer Director for one Crucible or Studio Theatre production. Participants will have the chance to attend rehearsals, tech sessions, a one-to-one meeting with their director, and will receive two free tickets to the Press Night performance.
Who we are looking for:
- Applicants must be 18+
- Individuals looking for an insight into professional practise
- Individuals who demonstrate a genuine commitment to working as a theatre director
What we are not looking for:
- Individuals with prior professional/paid directing experience
What’s on offer:
- The Observer Director will attend one rehearsal per week
- The opportunity to observe one full day in tech week
- One ticket to a Preview performance
- Attend Press Night with one guest
- A one-to-one meeting with the director
- The chance to meet a number of professional creatives
- Up to £50 reclaimable for expenses
How to apply:
- Up to 300 words on why you want to apply
- Up to 300 words on any previous directing experience or any other relevant experience
- Your availability over the dates specified
Applications can be made by written word, video or audio file.
Please send applications to: email@example.com
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Robert Hastie
We are looking for one Observer Director to work on the Crucible Theatre’s main stage Christmas Production.
Deadline: Wednesday 25 October, 5pm
Preliminary Meeting (if successful): Wednesday 1 November, 12pm
Rehearsals start: w/c Monday 6 November
Tech Week: w/c Friday 1 December
Previews Start: Friday 8 December
Press Night: Wednesday 13 December