Legally Blonde ‘Paw-Ditions’ – Is Your Dog A Budding Star?
Legally Blonde The Musical visits Sheffield in October and we’re looking for local pooches to audition to play the role of Rufus on stage at the Lyceum Theatre. Could your dog be destined for fame?
Auditions will take place at Meadowhall’s Summer Beach on Fri 21 July between 10am – 12pm when a panel of judges will select one charismatic canine to star in the show.
Here is what the producers are looking for:
- A British Bulldog – First and foremost we are looking for a British Bulldog (as appeared in the film) We are open to other breeds, but they need to have that look about them. Fairly bullish and robust.
- Temperament – If your dog is relaxed, laid back, good with people and enjoys a good fuss, we would love to hear from you.
- Responsive to commands – If your dog responds to ‘come here’, ‘sit’ etc and doesn’t just wander off doing its own thing, then they could be exactly what we’re looking for. We do not expect ‘Rufus’ to perform tricks.
- Tricks – Having said we do not expect tricks, if your lovable brute has any, we would love to see them. They have 5 minutes to show us what they’ve got. If they’re skills are good enough we could end up using them in the show!
- Experience – Although absolutely not essential, if your dog has some form of stage experience it will be a huge bonus. Even the most confident of dogs can suddenly be affected by the lights, the band and the huge round of applause they are bound to receive on their big entrance!
If your precious pet matches these criteria then please apply by emailing a photograph of your dog and some info about him or her, stating Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield in your application, to David Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14 July.
Legally Blonde The Musical comes to the Lyceum Theatre, Sheffield from Monday 30 – Sat 4 November and stars Rita Simons, Lucie Jones and Bill Ward. For more information on the show click here.