Initiated by Sheffield Theatres with Third Angel, Theatre Delicatessen and The Bare Project, Making Room is a Sheffield-based network for people working in performance and theatre. It’s there to create a space for people to meet, create, think and learn. It’s a network for theatre makers, actors, directors, producers, lighting designers, sound designers, writers and performers.
There are a number of ways in which Making Room can offer support to local artists and companies, such as:
- Regular bulletins with the latest opportunities and events, ranging from Yorkshire to the North West
- Residency schemes where we offer artists and companies the chance to apply for week-long residencies in our rehearsal spaces to create work
- In-house development opportunities
- Networking events and access to special ticket offers
- Rehearsal space, subject to availability
This year, we’ve already supported several companies and artists who each had up to a week in one of our rehearsal rooms as part of our residency scheme. These artists include:
Dead Earnest Theatre
Deer Hunter Theatre
The Roaring Girls
Mothers Who Make
Mothers Who Make is a growing national network, supported by the Making Room, of peer support groups aimed at mothers who are artists - professional and/or passionate – writers, painters, actors, dancers, musicians, film-makers - every kind of maker is welcomed, and every kind of mother. Future dates to be confirmed.
Joining the Network
Click here to subscribe to the Making Room mailing list for opportunities, events and information.
We continually look to expand and develop the Making Room so we can do our best to provide the most enjoyable and useful opportunities to local artists. If you have any thoughts, ideas or just want to have a chat about your work please contact Catt Belcher (Assistant Producer) on email@example.com or 0114 201 3849.