Sheffield Theatres regularly offer opportunities for Directors including observer positions, Assistant Director jobs, Facilitator opportunities, and Director roles on some smaller projects.
To find out about current opportunities, sign up to the Making Room Newsletter.
Assistant Director Call Out - Reasons To Stay Alive
Sheffield Theatres and English Touring Theatre are committed to providing opportunities for emerging directors to develop their craft, skills and practice whilst also expanding their industry network and understanding.
Our co-production of Reasons to Stay Alive offers an exciting opportunity to assist Jonathan Watkins on the creation of this adaptation and take the show to six different venues across the UK.
Click the link below to download the full job requirements and information.
To apply, please send a CV and short statement/letter, to John Tomlinson, Producer, Sheffield Theatres – [email protected] before 5pm on Thu 4 July.
Meetings with the Director and Co-Producers are likely to be w/c 8 July in Sheffield.
Throughout the year, Making Room Observer Director opportunities enable a Sheffield based director the chance to observe the production process of one Crucible/Studio Theatre production. Participants will have the chance to attend rehearsals, tech sessions, a one-to-one meeting with the director, and will receive 2 free tickets to the Opening Night.
Observer Director applications will be announced via the Making Room Newsletter.
Who we are looking for:
- Applicants must be 18+
- Individuals looking for an insight into professional practice
- Individuals who demonstrate a genuine commitment to working as a theatre director
- Applicants should be members of the Making Room network (sign up here)
- Applicants should have a base that is local to Sheffield.
What’s on offer:
- The Observer Director will attend one rehearsal per week
- The opportunity to observe one full day in tech week
- One ticket to a preview performance
Attend opening night with a guest
- A one-to-one meeting with the director and/or assistant director
- A small allowance for travel expenses