Sheffield Theatres regularly offer opportunities for Directors including observer positions, Assistant Director jobs, Facilitator opportunities, and Director roles on some smaller projects.
To find out about current opportunities, sign up to the Making Room Newsletter.
Throughout the year, Making Room Observer Director opportunities enable a Sheffield based director the chance to observe the production process of one Crucible/Studio Theatre production. Participants will have the chance to attend rehearsals, tech sessions, a one-to-one meeting with the director, and will receive 2 free tickets to the Opening Night.
Observer Director applications will be announced via the Making Room Newsletter.
Who we are looking for:
- Applicants must be 18+
- Individuals looking for an insight into professional practice
- Individuals who demonstrate a genuine commitment to working as a theatre director
- Applicants should be members of the Making Room network (sign up here)
- Applicants should have a base that is local to Sheffield.
What’s on offer:
- The Observer Director will attend one rehearsal per week
- The opportunity to observe one full day in tech week
- One ticket to a preview performance
Attend opening night with a guest
- A one-to-one meeting with the director and/or assistant director
- A small allowance for travel expenses