In a specialised unit inside a prison, a group of women discover the music of punk rock band The Slits and form their own group. An outlet for their frustration, they find remedy in revolution. But in a system that suffocates, can rebellion ever be allowed?
Part-gig, part-play, Typical Girls is funny, fierce and furious.
To purchase a ticket to watch Typical Girls in person click here
This production was originally co-commissioned by Clean Break with the Royal Shakespeare Company who also contributed to its early development.
- Writer MORGAN LLOYD MALCOLM
- Director RÓISÍN MCBRINN
- Musical Director ROSIE BERGONZI
- Assistant Director AALIYAH MCKAY
- Designer KAT HEATH
- Lighting Designer KATY MORISON
- Associate Lighting Designer RACHEL CLEARY
- Sound Designer BETH DUKE
- Video Design ELEISHA BRAND
- Movement Director CHI SAN HOWARD
- Casting Director NADINE RENNIE CDG
- Music Director Mentor YSHANI PERINPANAYAGAM
- Line Producer 45 NORTH
- Featuring the music of THE SLITS
- Filming THE UMBRELLA ROOMS
- BSL EMMA DAWBER
Lara Grace Ilori