BY VICTORIA WOOD
DIRECTED BY PAUL FOSTER
'My hands are shaking you know. I haven’t been so keyed up about anything since I was the Virgin Mary.'
It’s 1978. Bunters club is hosting its Friday Talent Night – the acts on the bill hope that it’s a stepping stone to New Faces or Opportunity Knocks. 24-year-old Julie dreams of stardom, escape from her dead-end job and the chance to leave the drudgery of living at home with her mother. Her less worldly-wise friend Maureen has come along to offer support.
Full of Victoria Wood’s unmatched wit and observation, Talent is a play with music about friendship, ambition and the lower rungs of the showbiz ladder.
- Author VICTORIA WOOD
- Director PAUL FOSTER
- Designer JANET BIRD
- Lighting Designer AIDEEN MALONE
- Musical Supervisor SARAH TRAVIS
- Sound Designer MAX PAPPENHEIM
- Movement Director EMILY-JANE BOYLE
- Casting Director WILL BURTON CDG
- Assistant Director ELIN SCHOFIELD