‘I do love nothing in the world so well as you. Is not that strange?’
Besotted young couple Claudio and Hero have fallen fast and are quickly engaged. Not everyone finds romance so straightforward – Benedick balks at the very thought of it and Beatrice agrees with him, on that if nothing else. But somewhere in this world, there’s someone for everyone, even if they’re right under your nose.
Shakespeare’s raucous comedy is directed by Robert Hastie (Coriolanus, A Midsummer Night’s Dream). Every performance features the use of integrated creative sign language, audio description and captioning. Ramps On The Moon is the pioneering initiative committed to putting deaf and disabled artists and audiences at the centre of their work.
- By WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
- Adapted and directed by ROBERT HASTIE
- Designer PETER MCKINTOSH
- Lighting Designer IAN SCOTT
- Sound Designer SAM GLOSSOP
- British Sign Language Director EMILY HOWLETT
- Audio Description Director CHLOE CLARKE
- Casting Director JACOB SPARROW
- Assistant Director ALEXANDRA WHITELEY