Applications Open for the Third Crucible Writers’ Night
Following the success of our first two Crucible Writers’ Nights, Sheffield Theatres are looking for submissions of original short new plays to be performed on Monday 12 November 2012. This is open to writers in our catchment area of all experience levels who wish to have their work performed at the Crucible Theatre.
We guarantee that every submission will be read by our artistic team. A group of plays will then be selected for scratch performances, in which we will direct professional actors in our Studio for one night only. The theme for the third Crucible Writers’ Night is: ‘We’re All in This Together’
If you wish to submit a play for entry, please make sure you meet the following criteria:
- Writers must be based in South Yorkshire or within 30 miles of the Crucible.
- Plays must be around 10 minutes in length (or work as a standalone excerpt from a longer piece)
- Plays must be able to be performed with no more than three actors with minimal technical requirements
Our guidelines and thoughts for all entrants are:
- Be bold. Be passionate. Be ambitious.
- Don’t be too literal. Wherever the theme guides you is fine. We will not be selecting work on how accurately it responds to our theme but on the potency of your piece.
- Please do not send works in progress. Send us finished plays which tell a story you care about. If you want constructive criticism, try and get it from friends or family. We want finished plays which excite us.
Please email your work and include a short covering note detailing writing experience and contact details to: email@example.com
This is an unpaid opportunity and does not imply any subsequent development or commission by Sheffield Theatres. We are unable to offer feedback on submissions which are not selected.
Deadline for submissions: Monday 10 September, 6.00pm.
Any enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org